The S6 Sessions are a programme of Friday afternoon and weekday evening sessions designed to help you put in an excellent application to college or university, and then aid your transition to higher education.
These sessions will take place throughout the school year and you can choose which S6 Sessions you would like to attend.
LEAPS S6 Sessions that are coming up:
What: LEAPS Unicafe sessions
We are running three campus-based LEAPS Unicafes across February and March to help final-year LEAPS-eligible students learn more about what it's like starting university.
Our cafes are hosted by current undergraduate students, so you can ask anything about making that transition to first year at uni. There'll also be a chance to meet other current S6 students who may be going to the same university and/or town as you from September - a great chance to start building your university social network!
Find out more and register for one of our LEAPS Unicafes here.
- Wednesday 27 February 2019, 5.15-7pm, University of Edinburgh Central Campus in Edinburgh
- Wednesday 6 March 2019, 5.15-7pm, Heriot-Watt University Scottish Borders Campus in Galashiels
- Wednesday 13 March 2019, 5.15-7pm, Heriot-Watt University Edinburgh Campus in Riccarton
To be confirmed:
- academic skills
- student life
- film courses
- music courses and auditions
- art courses and portfolio preparation programme
- personal statement workshop
- journalism workshop
- acting audition preparation workshops
- higher education at college workshop
- preparing for your teaching university course interview workshop
- preparing for your nursing or midwifery university course interview workshop
(For Group 1+ schools, Group 1 schools and Group 2 Schools)